- Carlos Beltran played right field for 5 innings last night and went 1-3 with a single and a K for High-A Tampa. Via Nick Flammia, he's slated for 7 innings in right tonight, so it doesn't sound like Beltran will be activated until this weekend at the earliest.
- Keith Law released his midseason top 50 prospects list yesterday over at ESPN. The full article is IO of course, but the pertinent information for Yankee fans is Aaron Judge coming in at 13 just like he has on multiple other lists recently. Law did not have Luis Severino in his top 50, although he did come in on the list of honorable mentions. Law still sees Severino as a reliever long-term.
- Via George King, Brian Cashman said he thinks Slade Heathcott will be able to return to game action this season. He isn't so sure about Mason Williams, however, saying "if the rehab doesn’t go well he might need surgery" in reference to Williams' recent 60-day DL transfer.
- Don't know what the reason was, but Brendan Ryan was not in the lineup for Double-A Trenton last night. Sure seems like his days are numbered.
- Via Brendan Kuty, Asst. GM Billy Eppler was on with Joe and Evan earlier today and he confirmed that Cash and the Yankees are "having conversations with clubs" about potential trades. I wouldn't expect anything big, but I'd be disappointed if they came through the deadline having done nothing.
- Lastly, here are starting pitching matchups for this weekend's series against the Mariners: Tanaka vs. Mike Montgomery tonight, Pineda vs. Iwakuma tomorrow, CC vs. King Felix on Sunday.
** UPDATE 2:00 PM- The Yankees announced that they have activated Brendan Ryan from the DL and optioned Gregorio Petit to Triple-A. There's the first of the roster moves to come. **