Rangers Game 7 tonight, flying home to see the family this weekend, so I'll be mostly out of commish until early next week. Now onto the links. - On Tuesday, Mike Axisa of RAB commented on the need for the Yankees' bullpen and defense to improve. Never good when your anticipated strengths become your biggest weaknesses.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud got some thoughts from Slade Heathcott, his teammates, and his manager on Heathcott's strong early showing.
- Matt Provenzano of Pinstripe Alley mused on the potential need for a rotation rental at some point and some ideal targets if the Yankees decide to go shopping on the trade market.
- On Wednesday, Andrew Marchand discussed Alex Rodriguez's sustained hot start and above-average production.
- On Thursday, el duque of It Is High... wondered if Carlos Beltran could continue to stay healthy and productive or if he's doomed to eventual injury/regression.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog looked deeper into the "bad contract" perception that's crept over A-Rod and Teix over the years, and showed how well they're living up to those contracts.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, Stacey broke down the whooping the Yankee batters put on Jeremy Guthrie in Monday's first inning. It was a bloodbath, definitely NSFW.
- Kenny touched on the high pull rate that is still negatively impacting guys like Mccann and Teix. Maybe not so much Teix.
- Matt mused on the "bad contract" myth with respect to A-Rod and Teix and where the Yankees could be this year if they weren't buying into the myth.
- On Wednesday, William celebrated Dellin Betances' continued dominance and correctly pointed out how he's become one of the most must-see players in baseball.
There hasn't been any PJ in the Palooza for a while. Let's change that today.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.