It's Super Bowl weekend, which means I'll temporarily forget how terrible I am at sports betting and lay some coin down on the game and a bunch of prop bets. If you aren't already following me on Twitter and are in the mood to
make lose some money on Sunday, take the plunge and be on the lookout for my bets this weekend. I'm actually less excited for this game than I've been for a Super Bowl in a long time. All the lame #DeflateGate talk and the MSM crawling up its own butt about Marshawn Lynch has been agonizing. But I digress. We've got a batch of links to cover so let's get to it.
On Monday, Wally Matthews of ESPN NY discussed the strained relationship between A-Rod and the Yankees and how it should not override the importance of winning ballgames. Duh.
- On Tuesday, Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley reviewed the Ichiro Suzuki trade on the heels of his new deal with the Marlins. I still can't get over how psyched some people were about that trade.
- On Wednesday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits took prospect ranking to a whole new level by putting his KATOH system to work and listing his top 100 Yankee prospects. That's not a misprint. Thanks for making me look like a slacker, Chris. I appreciate it.
- Michael Axisa of RAB profiled A-ball catching prospect Luis Torrens, the next big Yankee catching prospect in a long recent line of them.
- On Thursday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes got an early start on tempering expectations for the Yankees to go hard after David Price next offseason.
- Chad Jennings looked for things that could happen to make the remainder of A-Rod's Yankee tenure a little happier.
- On Friday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily identified Gabe Encinas as a prospect wildcard for 2015. He was starting to make some noise in 2012-2013 before his elbow injury.
- Keith Law of ESPN released his top 10 Yankee prospects list. He's been causing quite the stir among the Yankosphere this week with his organizational rankings, so give this one a shot if you have Insider access. And if you don't, I'm pretty sure the whole post is up for free on the ESPN Yankee blog.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, I made my pitch for the Yankees to add a traditional closer as a way to supplement the short rotation.
- On Thursday, Matt B. examined the possibility of moving Adam Warren back to the rotation to help that same goal.
Going with some old school (late 90s-early 2000s) Incubus for this Friday's jam. I heard this song on the radio heading into work this morning and it made me think back to how much I used to wear out the "Make Yourself" and "Morning View" CDs. I'm also pretty stoked that these guys are back together, back touring, and putting out new albums in 2015. Incubus is just good stuff.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.